Oral sex is a delight that thrills every man (and every healthy penis) who benefits from it. Receiving oral sex is one of the nicest things that can happen to a man – but it’s not always such a delightful experience for the person performing the deed. With that being the case, it behooves a guy who interested in receiving oral gratification to make his tool as attractive as possible. Proper attention to penis health is therefore essential, as is making efforts to remove any possible obstacles – such as semen flavor.
Not many men are well-versed in what makes up the semen that spurts so abundantly and joyously from their tools. The vast majority of semen is, not surprisingly, water – about 96% of the volume. The remaining 4% is a mixture of many things, including sperm, fructose, vitamin C, sodium bicarbonate, and various proteins, minerals and enzymes. (The metallic taste that is often associated with semen comes from one of those minerals, zinc.)
Since water makes up almost all of a load of semen, it’s surprising that semen has much flavor at all; but those who have swallowed it report that it does indeed have a strong flavor. It might be expected that one man’s semen would taste pretty much like another’s; in fact, however, there can be considerable variation between individuals. There also can be considerable variation from the semen ejaculated from the same man on different days. This is because a man’s diet can have an impact on the semen flavor he produces.
Should a man alter his diet to make the oral sex experience more palatable for the partner performing the act? If a man is in a relationship in which the partner already performs fellatio, he should simply ask her/him if the semen flavor is acceptable. Many people like the taste of their partner’s juice.
If a man is not currently enjoying the oral engulfment of his member, he might want to ask his partner if s/he does not engage in the act because of a reluctance to taste his semen. And if a man is not in a relationship, he can always do a taste test himself after masturbating. While this does not guarantee that a future partner will have the same reaction to his particular semen flavor, it does give the man a good idea of what kind of flavors he produces.
If a man does decide to make changes to improve the flavor of his semen, here are some tips to bear in mind:
– Sweeten it up. Semen tends to be a bit bitter, so making it sweeter is generally a good idea. Consuming fruits and vegetables is an excellent way to achieve this goal; however, be wary of broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus, which can contribute to the bitter taste, instead. Parsley, cinnamon, wheatgrass, celery and peppermint are all thought to be good semen sweeteners.
– Just say no. Alcohol, caffeine and recreational drugs tend to express themselves in an unpleasant way in semen. Avoid them when anticipating a night of fellatial bliss.
– Be moderate. Dairy, red meat, fried foods, junk food, garlic and strong spices also have an impact on the taste of semen. This doesn’t mean they should be eliminated entirely, but consuming them in moderation can help.
– Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water helps flush out toxins, which make for an offensive flavor.
Finally, semen flavor alone won’t do: a healthy penis itself is also a consideration in making oral sex more enjoyable for the “giver.” Using a quality penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) is essential. Look for one that has vitamin A, as that powerful vitamin has anti-bacterial properties that cut down on penis odor – a major factor in preventing partners from fellating. Also important: vitamin E and Shea butter, which moisturize the penis and help prevent unappealing dry, flaky penis skin – another deterrent to oral bliss.